WELCOME TO YOUR VERY FIRST LUNCHBOX!
What’s the Lunchbox you say? Well I get and see a lot of news daily.
I’d like to share that with you ALMOST daily.
I can’t make that sort of guarantee where you’d get new stuff from me daily, but I feel like I could do ALMOST daily.
And so, you get your first LUNCHBOX DROP of news from me!
Oh, and why ‘The Lunchbox’ you say? Well it was previously called ‘The Daily Cross’ because Xenojay starts with an ‘X’ and an ‘X’ is also known as a ‘cross’ and that was that. It was also propaganda for my battle against vampires, but I digress.
The reason it is now called ‘The Lunchbox’ is because I was talking with a friend about what this was going to be, and I said it was like “snacks you share. Like from a lunchbox. And then BAM! I was hungry. But I also loved this new name. And now you have The Lunchbox.
SO HERE WE GO!
- Come behind the scenes and see how a boyhood dream became a magical reality and how if you just believe, anything is possible! Australia’s premier illusionist and escapologist Consentino has released his first book Anything Is Possible which you can grab now!
- The SCREEN EDGE FORUM 2017 forum is coming 19 May 2017 to Wellington at Park Road Post and to Auckland at the University of Auckland on 26 & 27 May 2017. More info here.
- Along with that, the Documentary Edge Festival will be at the Roxy Cinema in Miramar, Wellington from 10 – 21 May, and in Auckland’s Q Theatre on Queen Street from 24 May – 5 June. Info here.
- Ghost Recon Wildlands is almost here, so here’s a launch trailer!
- Local Kiwi actors Mark Hadlow, Nathaniel Lees, Caren Pistorius, Joel Tobeck, Stephen Ure, Maria Walker, Khan West, Peter Rowley and Megan Edwards join Hera Hilmar, Robert Sheehan, Leila George, Stephen Lang and Jihae for Peter Jackson‘s next production, Mortal Engines.
- The Auckland Arts Festival is now open! Click here for more!
- Destiny‘s Age Of Triumph has been revealed. This will be the game’s final event before it’s upcoming sequel!
- The premiere of Weave sees solo performer Kate McGill tackle verbatim theatre, lacing together 20 true stories from New Zealanders across the country. It plays from the 4th to 15th of April, Tuesdays – Saturdays, from 6.30pm with a 1 hour running time with no interval at The Basement Theatre, Lower Greys Ave, Auckland. Tickets are $20 – $22 and can be bought online at www.basementtheatre.co.nz or call iTicket on 09 361 100
- Skylanders Imaginators is available now on the new Nintendo Switch! This release also marks the debut of anticipated characters, i and Grave Clobber, with a brand-new expansion pack; the Cursed Tiki Temple!
- It’s less than a month to go until Persona 5 is out, so here’s a sizzle reel for you!
- The first Sydney Open for the Call of Duty World League Presented by PlayStation 4 has been won by Mindfreak, who came back to win in an amazing final against runner-up Tainted Minds. More on that here.
- A new variety map-pack is heading to Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered! More info here.
- Farming Simulator 18 announces its release on Nintendo 3DS, releasing in June!
- The heavily awarded Drum & Bass DJ Andy C will be playing a 3 hour set at The Studio on the 21st of April! Tickets on sale 9am Monday from www.theticketfairy.com.
- Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment and Red Barrels Enter Worldwide Retail Distribution Agreement for Outlast Trinity, which will be in stores from April 26th. The bundle will include Outlast, Outlast: Whistleblower and Outlast 2.
- Middle-Earth: Shadow of War reveals its first gameplay video!
- Ubisoft’s Steep has an upcoming FREE WEEKEND from March 10th. More information here.
- There’s a new story trailer out for Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception from Atlus Games!
- The next major system software update for PlayStation 4, version 4.50, rolls out tonight! While features like like external HDD support and custom wallpaper were already announced, there’s more! You can check out the full update here.
And to end, we get our first look at Taika Waititi‘s Thor Ragnarok thanks to EW!