Spider-Man finally swings back into cinemas tomorrow, and just what else has his web caught for today’s Lunchbox??
Inspired by the ambition and imagination of P.T. Barnum, “The Greatest Showman” tells the story of a visionary who rose from nothing to create a mesmerising spectacle that became a worldwide sensation.
Set for release on December 26th, The Greatest Showman stars Hugh Jackman, Michelle Williams, Zendaya, Zac Efron and Rebecca Ferguson.
The Nintendo 3DS is going to be hammered by goodness from now until 2018:
- Metroid: Samus Returns: A modern reimagining of the 1992 Game Boy adventure Metroid II: Return of Samus, Metroid: Samus Returns for Nintendo 3DS features an enhanced arsenal for bounty hunter Samus Aran, new moves and abilities, and a redesigned map. The game launches on 16th September alongside two new Metroid series amiibo: Samus Aran and Metroid.
- Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions: This enhanced remake of the first game in the Mario & Luigi series contains updated visuals, touch-screen controls and helpful game-play upgrades. Newly added side story Minion Quest: The Search for Bowser stars many of Bowser’s familiar right-hand enemies. Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser’s Minions launches on 7th October. Two new amiibo figures will also be released on the same day: Goomba and Koopa Troopa.
- Pokémon Ultra Sun & Pokémon Ultra Moon: With new story additions, new Pokémon and enhanced features, Pokémon Ultra Sun and Pokémon Ultra Moon offer a fresh adventure through the tropical Alola region. The games launch on 17th November.
- Ever Oasis: This beautiful and mystical role-playing action-adventure game from Koichi Ishii, the creator of the Mana series, launches on 24th June. In between exploring the desert and conquering puzzling dungeons, players can build up their own personal oasis. Players can try Ever Oasis right now by visiting the Nintendo eShop and downloading a playable demo*. Visit our YouTube channel to watch the Ever Oasis launch trailer.
- Hey! PIKMIN: In this new type of Pikmin game, players are tasked with throwing all types of different Pikmin using the Touch Screen to solve puzzles, overcome challenges and defeat enemies through side-scrolling levels. Hey! PIKMIN launches exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems on 29th July, the same day as a new Pikmin amiibo figure (sold separately). A playable demo* is now available to download by visiting the Nintendo eShop.
- Miitopia: Calling all Tomodachis! A dark lord is stealing the faces of everybody in the world of Miitopia, and it’s up to brave players to bring them back in this adventure sim launching on 29th July.
- Monster Hunter Stories: Prepare to embark on an RPG adventure unlike anything the Monster Hunter series has ever known. In Monster Hunter Stories, become a rider and bond with monsters to raise their potential and unleash powerful combos. Players can fly, swim and crash into new areas of the map; discover eggs to collect and hatch; and participate in turn-based battles with a party of up to five monsters. Monster Hunter Stories launches on 9th September.
- Dr Kawashima’s Devilish Brain Training: Can you stay focused?: Prepare to train your brain by completing a series of challenging exercises with an emphasis on concentration skills and focus to train your working memory. Challenge your abilities to focus with eight Devilish Training exercises that’ll push you to the limit, or play against your friends and family, when the game launches on 29th July.
The wait is almost over with GDE confirming that Rugby League Live 4 is going to be released on 28th July 2017 on PS4 and Xbox One.
The Lego Ninjago Movie is getting it’s own The Lego Ninjago Movie Video Game.
Ciaran McMeeken is proud to announce a nationwide tour in support of the release of his self titled debut album set for release on August 4th
Diverging from Ciaran’s classic singer-songwriter sound, this debut release is genuinely genre-spanning, with songs that infuse the sounds of rock, blues, swing, soul, and jazz, all settled by his warm inviting vocals.
Friday 4 Dunedin with Tom Maxwell The Savoy Tickets – Eventfinda
Saturday 5 Queenstown with Tom Maxwell Sherwood Tickets – Eventfinda
Sunday 6 Wellington with Graeme James Meow Tickets – Eventfinda
Thursday 10 Auckland with Alae Tuning Fork Tickets – Ticketmaster
RL GRIME announces QUIX and T1R will join TKAY MAIZDA as support for his New Zealand show on July 19th at the Powerstation in Auckland.
Tickets on sale now via theticketfairy.com
In the wake of the sexual revolution and the rise of the women’s movement, the 1973 tennis match between women’s World #1 Billie Jean King (Emma Stone) and ex-men’s-champ and serial hustler Bobby Riggs (Steve Carell) was billed as the BATTLE OF THE SEXES and became one of the most watched televised sports events of all time, reaching 90 million viewers around the world.
The film based on this story will release in New Zealand on September 28th.
The first lineup for the seventh annual Northern Bass Music Festival in Mangawhai is here! Featuring Stormzy, Salmonella Dub + Tiki Taane, Andy C, Post Malone and more, you can find the rest of the first announcement here.
New Zealand beatmaker Montell2099 has teamed up with Atlanta-based rapper 21 Savage for “Hunnid on the Drop,” available now with Red Bull Sound Select.
A Streetcar Named Desire is set to fire up the mainstage at Q Theatre from August 24 -September 16, celebrating Silo Theatre’s 20th milestone year.
Mia Blake (Angels in America, No.2) will take on pivotal role of Blanche Dubois alongside Ryan O’Kane (Home & Away, Tangiwai) as the formidable Stanley, with Morgana O’Reilly (Neighbors, Housebound, Amadeus) portraying Stella and Toni Potter (Shortland Street, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof) as Eunice. They are joined by Mark Ruka as Mitch (Cellfish, The Patriarch, The Rehearsal) Fasitua Amosa as Steve (Dirty Laundry, Auckland Daze) and Silo newcomer – Arlo Green (Boys). Outrageous Fortune star Nicole Whippy makes her main-stage and Silo debut after a 7-year hiatus, taking on a multitude of roles that showcase her incredible versatility as one of NZ’s most loved acting talents.
A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE plays:
Rangatira at Q Theatre, 305 Queen Street
Thursday August 24 – Saturday September 16.
Tuesday & Wednesday, 6.30 pm; Thursday – Saturday, 7.30pm and Sunday, 4pm
Matinee: Saturday 9 September, 1pm
Duration: 3 Hours including interval
Book at qtheatre.co.nz
More info at www.silotheatre.co.nz
A new Nintendo Direct presentation providing a re-FRESH-er on some of the new features, weapons and styles in upcoming Nintendo Switch game Splatoon 2 arrives midnight between the 6th and 7th July, Australian Eastern Standard Time. Watch the video live by visiting http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendo-direct.
The Binding Of Isaac: Afterbirth+ will be coming to the Nintendo Switch on September 8th with a ton of extra content. In the box you won’t only get the game but two wonderful Isaac sticker sheets as well as a retro-style manual so many of the fans here have been asking for!
You thought it was all over for this year but surprise… some of the hot ticket shows people were gushing about during the 2017 NZ International Comedy Festival powered by Flick Electric Co will return in from Tuesday September 5th to Saturday September 9th at the Basement Theatre.
With a selection of winners and finalists of Comedy Fest Awards, all the hot comedy styles are covered with the likes of observational, awkward, sketch, music, dry and improv, so the cliché line “there’s something for everyone” is easily applicable here!
And oh hey, the Inhumans are here.